GCGH is looking to fill a position for the role of General Manager for the Lady Grads.
This person will be responsible for overseeing the High-Performance Development Program (LGHPD) at GCGH. This includes overseeing the Lady Grads U22AA, U18AA, and U15AA operations and ensuring that both a short-term and long-term plan is in place to create a winning environment and culture.
- Recruit and select coaches for approval by the GCGH Board
- Utilize contacts to recruit players to become part of LGHPD program, especially at the U22 AA level.
- Create a complete development (on ice, off ice) program that is reasonably consistent across all teams taking into account the age of GCGH athletes.
- In consultation with the Program Director, Lady Grads and the U18AA and U15AA coaches, provide biweekly joint skills development sessions leveraging both internal and external resources, specialized trainers and skills coaches
- Review and approve a yearly training plan with each head coach
- Meet at a minimum monthly with all AA coaches
- Organize an August training camp for all AA teams to participate in
- Promote our program and players to the OWHA, Hockey Canada, NCAA and U Sports and liaise with coaches and scouts as appropriate
- Other to be determined via collaboration with the Program Director, Lady Grads
- Minimum of 5+ years coaching and/or management experience at elite level(s) with a demonstrable track record of success
- HP1 Hockey Canada certification an asset
- Demonstrable leadership skills, experience and professionalism necessary for senior leadership of a high performance hockey program
- Strong and demonstrable communication skills (written and oral)
- High level playing experience an asset
All AA coaches will report into this position plus a Manager
Honorarium plus travel expenses: To be discussed at the interview.